Forex is a dynamic and global marketplace, with buyers and sellers from all corners of the globe participating in trillions of dollars of trades each day. The fact that Forex has become such a global phenomenon owes its dynamism to Macroeconomic and Sociopolitical changes happening around the ever changing world we live in.
Here are a few such factors that affect foreign exchange rates:
- Market Inflation Rates: Changes in market inflation cause changes in currency exchange rates. A country with a lower inflation rate than another will see an appreciation in the value of its currency.
- Political Stability: A country with less risk for political turmoil experiences increased foreign investment, as a result, the value of domestic currency appreciates and leads to a change in forex rates.
- Unprecedented Global Events: Global events such as natural calamities or terrorism could alter the economic currents globally, which could lead to a fluctuation in foreign exchange rates, especially if the country was directly impacted by the global event.
- Fluctuation in Fuel Prices: Change in crude oil prices or alteration of OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) policies could also affect forex rates, given that most countries depend on crude oil and other fossil fuels for their energy needs.
- Trade Deficit: A trade deficit occurs when a country imports more than it exports. Essentially, it buys more than it sells. Higher trade deficit leads to reduction in foreign exchange.
- Speculation: If a country’s currency value is expected to rise, investors will demand more of that currency in order to make a profit in the near future. As a result, the value of the currency will rise due to the increase in demand. With this increase in currency value comes a rise in the exchange rate as well.
The aforementioned factors could affect forex rates without notice and hence, it is essential to choose a forex provider who will guide you with your forex requirement and help you with suitable solutions at the best rate possible with respect to forex prepaid cards or outward remittances.
Wall Street Forex’s expertise in the forex domain enables you to navigate through the forex process efficiently and in a transparent manner. Additionally, our online rate alert will help you stay ahead of the curve and on top of currency exchange rates online.
Click here to know more about our forex products and solutions.